Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I heart the Olympics, but...

I love the Olympics. I did not think that I would get into it this year, but after watching the opening ceremonies, I was hooked! Needless to say, the Olympics have been depriving me of my much needed sleep.

I guess I could always just read about the events, but where's the fun in that? I want to watch the emotions on the athletes faces as they complete their events, I want to watch about the come from behind wins, I want to watch about how the athletes overcame adversity to be a part of this elite group of individuals, I want to cry like a baby! Besides, I sit in front of a computer screen all day. I don't want to read from a monitor anymore.

Anywho, it's been more of a challenge to get out of bed these past mornings. Luckily, I've got a 3 y/o who wakes me up and in the most cheerful of ways...from the mouth of Jae.."Mamma, it's wake up time" who can't get out of bed with that greeting? =)

Here's to another groggy morning..

2 comments:

Swell said...

Yeah, I hear you there! Last night the main even I was waiting for didn't start until 10:00pm, today it's at 11:00pm! But I'm really sad about the coverage - all the gymnastics coverage seems to be just between China and the US! I wish they would show more from the other teams as well. And if I hear about Michael Phelps once more time...he's a great athlete, but sheesh, there are other people out there too! They interrupted the live gymnastics just to show him in a heat! Sorry, I'm annoyed at that right now :)

Kristin said...

I agree! I am totally into the Olympics this year but I am getting to bed waaayyy too late. Tim convinced me to tivo it - which is nice b/c you can zip through commercials - but then I can't get on the computer until I watch!!!