I don't know about you, but I enjoy my bbq. Last Friday evening Barb and I hit up Russell Street BBQ (http://www.russellstreetbbq.com/). If you've never been, check it out. It's located on the corner of MLK and Russell Street. The atmosphere is laid back, the staff is cool - especially one named Caryn Grunwald, and the food is GOOD!It was a nice evening out sans hubby and kids. A nice evening hanging out with my sister in law, enjoying good food, quenching my thirst with a diet coke (I was DD), and having my background noise as adult voices rather than a non-stop chatter box named Jae. LOL. Don't get me wrong, I love listening to Jae talk!
I ordered the brisket with collard greens and yams and as Rachael Ray would say..YUM-O! I'm usually not a fan of collard greens, in fact, I would say I'm not a fan of them at all, but the ones at RS are good. The yams were cooked in butter and cinnamon and add the natural sweetness, it was a great compliment to my brisket. And who doesn't like brisket? Barb had the Friday night special special - pork chops with stuffing. From what I was told, it was very good. I was going to get it to go for Bill, but it was sold out!
Most of you know that I'm not much of a drinker and especially when I'm in charge of driving, so I watched Barb enjoy some adult beverages and I will admit that I took one sip. Per Caryn's recommendation, she suggested that we try some ginger infused vodka. So I had one sip of ginger infused vodka. This stuff was very good, however, I knew that if I were to down a shot of this, I would literally be on the floor and someone would need a human sized spatula to pick me up. I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it.
Anywho, if you like good food, good atmosphere, and nice servers, Russell Street Bar-B-Que is the place to go. The next time you're thinking of dining out, check them out. And say hi to Cousin Caryn!

1 comment:
Oh, you're making me so hungry! That sounds like a great meal to have before my descent into Eastern European food for 2 straight weeks. Now I'll have to re-think my last meal before I leave...it might have to be BBQ instead of sushi!
That pic of Hannah is so great! She's the epitome of happy and adorable!
Post a Comment