We went to see the Spruce Goose on Sunday instead of our scheduled trip to head to the coast. We decided to stay inland and went to the Evergreen Air Museum in McMinnville because Hannah got sick and we didn't want to expose her to the weather at the coast, so we made an executive decision to go somewhere that was indoors and dry. This way Jae wasn't cooped up in the house all day.
Well, the morning started out with Hannah waking up with a nose full of snot (actually, the sniffles started on Saturday evening). Her nose was dried and crusted, but surprisingly, she was still smiling. In anticipation of this trip, Bill and Jae went to get the oil changed and a car wash and also a new pair of shoes (see the previous blog)! The morning started out great and then it was time to depart for the Air Museum.
First off, I'm a parent and should know this by now. Don't leave the house with a hungry child, who also hasn't had a nap. So we are driving and Bill brings up stopping at Calamity Jane's (CJ) for lunch. I ask him if he's sure and surprisingly, he is. Normally Bill is the 'to go' kind of guy. While driving I look back and could tell that Jae is sleepy. Hannah is already knocked out by this time. So we approach CJ's and the parking lot looks busy and both of our kids are sleeping, so we decide to pass it up and keep going. We are approaching the museum and Daniel (our British GPS guide) gives us wrong directions and we have to backtrack a little - note: don't always trust those darn GPS devices.
We arrive and start the process of waking Jae up and just like we predicted..cranky Jae. He had taken off his new shoes prior to falling sleep and didn't want to put them back on to go outside, he wanted to walk barefoot. He was crying and didn't want to get out of his seat and the whole time Hannah is just staring at him with the "what's wrong with him" look. She of course was looking angelic..Ha!
We get into the museum, proceed to pay $13/pp (thank goodness Jae was under 5 y/o = free)! We suggest eating something at the cafe, but Jae will have no part of that. He just wants to see the planes. Yes, we've got our old Jae back. Well, we start walking and he's pointing at the helicopters, planes, trucks, and we want to take all of these pictures but once again, he holds out his hand and says "no pictures"! What, how am I going to document this day? So needless to say, the photos that I have of the air museum are of the back of his head, pointing his finger. I did buy a shirt that says "I saw the Spruce Goose and it was THIS BIG" - semi inside joke. LOL.
Two thumbs up.

1 comment:
Oh no, I was wanting Oregon coast beach pictures! I guess the Spruce Goose will do for now.. :)
Post a Comment