Monday, January 26, 2009

We bought it, now what??

Happy New Year! What's your resolution for 2009? Well, since you asked, it's to get in shape. Who's isn't in the month of January?

So, with much coercion from my mother, we bought an exercise machine, a Schwinn Fitness 431 Elliptical to be exact. We bought it in the beginning of January and so far, I've used it once. ONCE! Bill has used it twice. I/we can give you all the excuses in the book about why I/we haven't been on it more, but it's mainly because I'm/we are tired. And then you're probably saying "well, if you used the elliptical, you wouldn't be so tired, yadda, yadda yadda" much easier said than done. After a full day of work, dinner, getting two kids ready for bed and then cleaning up the mess from dinner, relaxation time is around 9:30-10pm. Who wants to exercise then? I'd much rather be sleeping or reading or doing something crafty, too bad all of those things don't really help you lose weight. LOL.

Well, we will defy the odds and not be a fairweather exerciser just because it's the New Year. We will overcome the stereotype and use our elliptical as if we were a customer at Circuit City during their closeout sale! Hopefully by summer we will be in bathing suit shape..HA!

I've attached some images of our new best friend. LOL!




















Bill working hard to put this together.















The finished product!

2 comments:

Mommy Megs said...

This sounds way too familiar.. we too have an eliptical machine that is currently in the garage because brandon wont help me move it into the house because he thinks I won't use it... he's probably right:)

Tina said...

Grunwalds,
I am here for you! I think you have forgotten that you have a fitness professional at your fingertips!! PLEASE come to me with any questions you might have. This past month my sister has dropped 10 pounds on the program that I put her on AND she stopped smoking this month!! That is not easy to do! Another friend of mine lost almost ten by following a diet that I put her on that required her to eat MORE!!!
It can be done, I promise! Shoot me questions!
xoxo
Tina