Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!!

We hope that everyone had a safe and wonderful New Years!! I say this every year, but I can't believe that another year has ended. Time really does fly by, especially when you've got kids!

We had Stacey, Barb, and our friends the Ly's over for New Years Eve. It was a lowkey evening and we just ate and talked and played some games. We watched the ball drop in NYC and the Ly's left for the evening since they had their two little ones with them. The rest of us were fighting to stay awake. I'm usually a night owl, but for some reason, my eyes were becoming very droopy that evening. I was surprised that Jae stayed up until midnight (sidenote: Jae has never stayed up this late before, but since the new year only happens once a year, we decided that it would be ok), but he was moving around and full of energy. He liked telling us everytime the fireworks would go off and at midnight, he opened the door and yelled to the world "Happy New Year" (of course with the help of his aunties). And as soon as everyone was out the door, we locked our doors, turned off our lights and became pumpkins. Hannah was already asleep, so the three of us crawled into the bed and drifted off to sleep..only to be woken up by Hannah around 3am. Luckily she let us sleep in until 8am.

We invited Barb and Stacey over on New Years day for rice cake soup (duk guk) a traditional soup that is eaten on new years day. It was pretty good, but made me miss the days when my mom would make this for my brother and I.

Already I am thinking about what the year will bring. Although 2009 means that we will become a year older (and wiser), it also brings new milestones and memories to cherish for us. Some big events for us in 2009 are:
-Hannah will be turning 1 in February. A big bash will be planned.
-Jae will be turning 4 in March and will be 1 year away from kindergarten (the thought freaks me out)!!
-Bill and I will celebrate 6 years of marriage in April!
-I will be a bridesmaid in my dear friend Danielle's wedding in May!

Resolutions
Bill and I have the typical resolution this year, to be healthy! We struggled a bit in 2008 to keep healthy, but we are focused and ready to start anew in 2009. Wish us luck!

We hope everyone has a wonderful 2009!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Right back at ya!!!

Loy said...

Thanks again for having us over, it was a fun night. I am impressed that you all stayed up to ring in the new year, Pacific time :-)

Btw, thanks for the BLOCKUS experience!