Saturday, December 6, 2008

Zoolights!

Zoolights is an event at the Oregon Zoo that occurs every year. It starts after Thanksgiving and continues until the New Year. The zoo gets lit up with decorations in the shape of animals and the trees, etc get covered with christmas lights. I love seeing all the lights! I'm sure there's something similar in your neck of the woods.

This is the first time that the Grunwald clan has gone to zoolights. Mainly because Jae was a little too young to really enjoy it and it's usually wet and cold during the month of December. However, we Oregonian's have been lucky with some dry weather lately, so I made Bill go (that is how he would tell the story).

We bundled up the kids, got to the zoo early and waited in line for a good 20+ minutes for the train. Both of our kids were tired and Jae was a little whiney and impatient for the train. He stole the stroller from Hannah, so I carried her the whole time. Surprisingly Hannah was pretty happy throughout the whole evening and even 'talking' with another little boy.

We finally boarded the train and we were on our way. Jae really enjoyed it. He kept looking out the window and was very focused on everything he saw. There were all kinds of animal lights and you could even see some of the real animals in the dark. I saw antelope and elephants. Hannah sat on my lap and ate puffs the whole ride.

Jae really wasn't in the mood to do anything else, so we took a couple of pictures and then headed to our car...where we proceeded to wait about 15 minutes to get out of the parking lot! You would think that after all these years that there would be someone directing the exiting traffic.

No comments: