Monday, December 29, 2008

A Grunwald Christmas!

For the first time (I want to say ever) we spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with the Grunwald clan. In the past, we have always split the two days between the Grunwald and Im family, but I think Bill received his Christmas wish this year to have Christmas dinner with his family.

Our tradition for Christmas Eve has been to go to Kathy and Bill's house and each household would bring a couple of appetizers and dessert and of course, the wine! This year was a little bittersweet in that Anna was out of the country in Costa Rica, so we were all missing her, but Josh flew up from San Francisco and Cousin Caryn came to visit, which was quite enjoyable. There was plenty of food and Eric made bacon wrapped scallops, which were very tasty. We played Buzz Word where the Others (those that are not Grunwald's by blood) kicked some butt! We eventually headed home so we could get ready for Santa's visit.

On Christmas day (afternoon), we loaded up the car and headed to Stacey's place to open gifts and have dinner. We watched Jae open up all his gifts and then Hannah opened up a couple. The kids are so lucky to have such great family in their lives. Opening all of the gifts must have made us hungry (or maybe just me), but I was starving and waiting for that yummy roast to be done! Hannah gave me the best gift of all this holiday, napping so I could eat my dinner in peace. It really was wonderful. I ate my meal in piece and savored every bite. Even Jae ate his food!

The next day was a repeat of loading up the car and driving to my parents for Christmas #2.

For pictures, click or cut and paste the link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/patty.grunwald/ChristmasWithGrunwaldsAndIms?feat=email#

No comments: