Sunday, October 5, 2008

Stephanie's visit...

This entry is a long time coming!!! It's been about 3 weeks since Stephanie visited me (she currently lives in San Diego), but I've just been so busy lately and I'm actually behind in blogging that's I'm finally getting around to it. I've got a lot of stories that I want to post, but need to find some quiet time that I can dedicate to this thing.

So let's focus again...So Stephanie had a conference in Seattle and decided to extend her visit and hang out in Portland for a while. She met me at my mom's place (this is the weekend of my momb's b-day) and then we drove down to Portland. Stephanie got to experience the first Im family meal and I'm going to say that she realized how boring and repetitive Korean meals can be. Yes, we like eating leftovers - morning, lunch, and dinner, and then again the next day! LOL!

Once we were in Portland, I took a couple of days off from work and we went shopping. It's been a couple of years since she's been in Portland, so I wanted to show her some of the new things that have popped in the City. It actually turned into a quick drive around town. We went to Fire on the Mountain for lunch (that's another post) and got our grub on some chicken wings.

The highlight of the trip was getting a quick 'makeover' at the MAC counter at Nordstrom's. Stephanie and I went in to get some 'pointers' on how best to do the eyes and we came out of that place looking like something..or rather, I should say "I" came out looking something. It just wasn't that cute at all.

The kids really enjoyed seeing Stephanie. Jae still talks about her when he sees an airplane.



1 comment:

designgirl said...

um, yeah...I think we both came out looking "something"...I look like a vampire with that makeup on. Your look was at least day friendly. :)