Friday, August 28, 2009

Transitions..

Well, today is the last day for Jae and Hannah at their current daycare. Bill and I decided to move the kids for several reasons: a) it turns out that we are in a different school district than where our current daycare is located and of course they won't bus Jae to Kindergarten next year and b) we did not want Jae to have two big changes next year (a new daycare PLUS Kindergarten). So we made the decision to pull the kids out this year so Jae could meet new friends in his new daycare that may be in his Kindergarten class next fall. Anything to make the transition easier. Although, I think it's worrying Bill and I more than it is Jae. He is pumped about his new school and the thought of turning 5 and going to a big kid school.

The new daycare is part of the same daycare family as his current one, just at a different location and in our school district. The new daycare is a lot bigger than his current school and seems a bit more regimented, but we will miss the small, close-knit group at his current daycare. It's actually a good time to change schools since many of his friends are moving up to Kindergarten anyway and will only be at the daycare for half day. It's just bittersweet, since he has been going to this daycare since he was 18 months old.

And poor Hannah, we really hate having to pull her out (because she loves her Maritza), but we know that she will adapt. It will be a hard month (Jae's transition to this daycare was awful for me. He cried everyday for a month when I dropped him off!) , but we feel the change will be good.

So today, the kids are having ice cream sundae's and cupcakes for their last day!

Until next time...

1 comment:

stacey said...

That makes me sad :( I think you are right, that it is harder for you and Bill. We just worry about so much. Hopefully Hannah will adjust ok knowing big brother is there too. Jae is just growing up so fast...school next year! I think you guys are doing the right thing.