Friday, May 22, 2009

Hannah & Dad


I used a sick day today and stayed home with a sleepy, cranky, & feverish Hannah. We had breakfast & then napped. Her fever started at 104 and went down about 2 degrees every 4 hours. After the nap I tried to get Hannah to help me install a new hard drive in our PC. She must have a short attention span with geeky stuff (like her mother) because she started crying halfway through the process (Patty never cries like that though). We took another short nap and then she helped me vacuum the downstairs before we went to Safeway to get some dinner items. She fell asleep on the way home but woke up when we got out of the car. We made some hot dog/cheese stuffed crescent rolls from the Kraft cookbook and while those were cooling she watched me finish installing our new 500GB hard drive that will store all our music/pictures/movies (our two 80GB drives were getting full). After the drive install, we tried the crescent rolls. She had about half and then appeared to be done. I started the process of making some mac n' cheese but you can probably guess what happened next, that's right another nap. While she was napping I setup the the backup software to save all our files off to our new 1TB external drive. Hannah from her first extended nap of the day (90 minutes) and had some juice and graham crackers. She seemed quite refreshed and was content while I marinated our chicken that we would be BBQ'ing later, made some jello for desert and shucked the corn. Finally, Patty and Jae got home. Hannah had a big smile on her face (but not as big as the one on my face).

No comments: